visiting Stewart Island (this helps us to onsell tours to others to achieve minimum numbers to operate trips). Prior bookings are essential during our off-Season. BOOK DIRECT ONLY.
2. Please contact us directly for all enquiries or bookings for our tours and services (whether in other parts of New Zealand or in Stewart Island. Our office is immediately opposite the Department of Conservation office in Stewart Island at 14 Main Road. If you phone and the answer machine comes on, please listen to it as it will say when we are back from guding. Please send an email if it is not urgent and we will respond on the same day or at least within 24 hours.
CURRENT SEASON / WEATHER
It's Autumn (March, April, May) in New Zealand. We have had some hot, dry days during summer and now days are getting cooler and a little shorter with some rain, much needed for the forest. It gets lighter after 7.00 am and dark after 8.30 pm. Always be prepared for four seasons in one day. Birds are about. Easter orchids are in flower.
Off-Season May - June - July - August - September
Tours will be operating subject to minimum numbers. However there will be a week each month when the office will be closed to carry out maintenance work and / or to take a rest. Contact us before you plan your visit to check with us.
OFFICE OPENING TIMES
October to March
(opening time have been amended from originally advertised times):
Monday to Sunday: 7.30 am to 7.30 pm
Please note: Sunday the office may close an hour earlier.
During all NZ public holidays, the Office will be open.
TRIPS REQUIRING ADDITIONAL PARTICIPANTS: for the coming season....
Kiwi, Dunes and Beach
17th to 19th April 2015 (fly in / boat out)
SPECIALS FOR THIS MONTH & REST OF WINTER
Please see: Special Offers.
DAY TRIPS THIS MONTH
All key tours are operating subject to bookings and numbers. For full
details on all our tours and services, please see the menu above.
Ulva Island Birds & Forest or Ulva Island Birding Guided Walks are operating most days where there is a minimum of 2 persons.
Island Culture Scenic Road Tour is also operating most days where there are a minimum of 2 persons.
Coastal Highlights a cruise then a guided coastal walk on the Rakiura Track, available subject to bookings.
Pelagic Birding or Aihe - Paterson Inlet Wildlife Cruise -
see Boat Cruises in the menu options above. These tours are dependent on minimum numbers and suitable weather and sea conditions.
Guided sea kayaking these tours are currently on hold as we try to recruit a sea kayak guide.
OVERNIGHT TRIPS THIS MONTH
Kiwi Journey, Kiwi, Dunes & Beach and Rakiura Great Walk ARE AVAILABLE, subject to bookings and minimum numbers. Please see Departure Dates.
Also note we are operating a one night tripto Port William or the North Am Hut on the Rakiura Great Walk - available on demand, subject to minimum numbers and staff availability.
Please see Photography Tours.
PACKAGES INCLUDING TRAVEL / ACCOMMODATION / ACTIVITIES
See Day Packages and Overnight Packages.
We can put together a gift voucher for our tours and services. Please contact us for further information.
EVENTS THIS MONTH
There are no local events this month.
Bluff Seafood Festival - 23rd May 2015. We have options available for visitors on 20th, 21st, 22nd, 24th and 25th May 2015 in Stewart Island. See our Events Page.
HOW TO MAKE BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES
For accurate and upto
date information about our comprehensive tours and services and any one-off and special tours - we advise you that:
- We only operate through our own Booking Office in Stewart Island. There are no independent
Visitor Centres, Visitor Information Centres and no independent Island Information
Centres in Stewart Island.
choose not to operate through the New Zealand
I-Site Network throughout New Zealand as it is not possible for them to know all the key facts about our business or for us to convey daily all our information so that we are represented effectively.
- Some accommodation providers in Stewart Island and elsewhere only work exclusively with a few operaters and not with all operators, irrespective of the quality of tours or value offered to you. If you need help finding independent accommodation options, please let us know.
1. Phone us 03 219 1066 or on our mobile 0274 784 433 or TEXT us on 0274 784 433 (if we our out guiding, please leave a message with your contact details and accommodation).
2. There is limited Telecom NZ & Vodafone mobile phone coverage in Oban Village, Stewart Island.
1. Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to reply as soon as possible.
Visit our Office in Stewart Island
1. The office is open daily. We have a message box, if we are not in you can leave a message.