visiting Stewart Island (this helps us to onsell tours to other and where necessary achieve minimum numbers to operate trips).
2. Please contact us directly for enquiries or bookings for our tours and services (whether in other parts of New Zealand or in Stewart Island. Our office is immediately opposite the Department of Conservation office in Stewart Island at 14 Main Road.
CURRENT SEASON / WEATHER
It's Autumn in New Zealand. The temperatures are cooling. Be prepared for four seasons in one day.
OFFICE OPENING TIMES
March: Monday to Sunday: 7.30 am to 7.30 pm.
April, May, September: Monday to Saturday: 8.00 am to 5.00 pm, Sunday: 9.00 am to 2.00 pm (Sunday afternoon closed except for pre-booked guided trips).
June, July, August: Tuesday to Friday: 8.30 am to 4.00 pm, Saturday: 8.30 am to 2.00 pm, (Saturday afternooon closed except for pre-booked guided trips), Sunday & Monday: Closed except for pre-booked guided trip.
TRIPS REQUIRING ADDITIONAL PARTICIPANTS: for the coming season....
12th March 2014 - Coastal Highlights
13th March 2014 - Full day Ulva Island Birds & Forest Guided Walk
14th to 15th March 2014 - Kiwi Journey
25th to 27th March 2014 - Kiwi, Dunes & Beach
19th or 21st May 2014 - Rakiura Great Walk - requires 3 to 7more participant to achieve minimum numbers.
SPECIALS FOR THIS MONTH & AUTUMN / WINTER
Please see: Special Offers.
DAY TRIPS THIS MONTH
All key tours are operating subject to bookings and numbers. For full
details on all our tours and services, please see the menu above.
Ulva Island Birds & Forest or Ulva Island Birding Guided Walks are operating most days where there is a minimum of 2 persons.
Island Culture Scenic Road Tour is also operating most days where there are a minimum of 2 persons.
Coastal Highlights a cruise then a guided coastal walk on the Rakiura Track, available subject to bookings.
Pelagic Birding tour and various cruises in Paterson Inlet -
see Boat Cruises in the menu options above. These tours are dependent on minimum numbers and suitable weather and sea conditions.
Guided sea kayaking these tours are currently on hold as we try to recruit a sea kayak guide.
OVERNIGHT TRIPS THIS MONTH
Kiwi Journey, Kiwi, Dunes & Beach and Rakiura Great Walk ARE AVAILABLE, subject to bookings and minimum numbers.
Please see Photography Tours and also our new website specifically for photo tours and workshops www.rakiuraphototours.com
PACKAGES INCLUDING TRAVEL / ACCOMMODATION / ACTIVITIES
See Day Packages and Overnight Packages.
We can put together a gift voucher for our tours and services. Please contact us for further information.
EVENTS THIS MONTH
NO SPECIFIC EVENTS TIMETABLE THIS MONTH.
HOW TO MAKE BOOKINGS & ENQUIRIES
For accurate and upto
date information about our comprehensive tours and services and any one-off and special tours - we advise you that:
- We only operate through our own Booking Office in Stewart Island. There are no independent
Visitor Centres, Visitor Information Centres and no independent Island Information
Centres in Stewart Island.
choose not to operate through the New Zealand
I-Site Network throughout New Zealand as it is not possible for them to know all the key facts about our business or for us to convey daily all our information so that we are represented effectively.
- Some accommodation providers in Stewart Island and elsewhere only work exclusively with a few operaters and not with all operators, irrespective of the quality of tours or value offered to you. If you need help finding independent accommodation options, please let us know.
1. Phone us 03 219 1066 or on our mobile 0274 784 433 or TEXT us on 0274 784 433 (if we our out guiding, please leave a message with your contact details and accommodation).
2. There is limited Telecom NZ mobile phone coverage in Stewart Island (027 numbers or global roaming using Telecom NZ services). There is no reception for Vodofone (021 or global roaming using Vodafone) in Oban Village.
1. Send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to reply as soon as possible.
Visit our Office in Stewart Island
1. The office is open daily. We have a message box, if we are not in you can leave a message.